Skip the mayo and make this healthy chicken salad with almond butter dressing! This fast and easy meal prep recipe is packed with fresh, colorful veggies and crunchy nuts and seeds, then finished with a creamy, no mayo almond butter dressing. It’s naturally paleo, Whole30, gluten free, and low carb, and comes together in under 30 minutes. You’ll never go back to heavy mayo chicken salads after you’ve tried this flavor-packed almond butter version!
Guys, this healthy chicken salad is completely rocking my world right now. Let us count the ways:
- Crunchy – raw veggies? nuts? seeds? All of the yes.
- Colorful – the rainbow-iest eat-the-rainbow chicken salad there ever was.
- Nutrient dense – this salad rocks all of your Vitamin C for the day with a big punch of Vitamin A, calcium, and iron too. Lots of protein business, not too many carbs (if that’s your thing).
- Fast – 25 minute (or less!) meals are always in fashion.
- Stupid easy – can you toss things? can you blend things? Cool. You can make this salad.
- No mayo – I’m a total mayo hater, I own it.
- Finished with a creamy, dreamy, sweet and nutty almond butter dressing that will beckon you to lick the bow, homemade icing style. Revisit your childhood, but you know…healthily.
Are ya getting my drift? If not, I’ll spell it out – if you like tasty, healthy food, you’re going to LOVE this almond butter chicken salad recipe….