We offer custom recipe photography for food bloggers, and we’d be honored to work with you to create stunning photos of your delicious recipes!
We’ve been professionally shooting and styling food and beverages for cookbooks, restaurants, commercial clients, and as stock food photographers for a decade, and are comfortable with a wide variety of diets and cooking techniques. We offer an extensive in-house prop library, and shoot in both natural and studio light.
A sampling of our packages are listed below. If you prefer a custom quote, please get in touch with more details and we’ll respond within 24 hours.
Recipe Photography Pricing: $175 per recipe
Our standard package includes the following:
- One kitchen-tested recipe styled and photographed in natural light or continuous studio light
- Four (4) custom edited photos total
- Proof gallery following the session will include a variety of process shots and final recipe images
- We aim to capture at minimum: 3-4 process shots at multiple angles, 4-6 final images in portrait at multiple angles, and 1-2 final images in landscape at multiple angles
- Additional edited photos available at $25 per image
- Custom food and prop styling from our in-house library of props
Styling and shoot consultation via email
- $25 grocery stipend per recipe
Recipe Collection Examples
Please browse a sampling our recipe photography stories below. For further examples of our work, please view our commercial portfolio, stock food photography portfolio, or browse the recipes on our blog.
Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple Butter
Beef and Bell Pepper Chili
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Perfect Cheese Board with Goat Cheese Crostini
Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding
Butternut Squash Thanksgiving Salad
Recipe Photography: The Fine Print
Everything else you need to know about working with us for custom recipe food photography.
Image Delivery Details
- A full gallery of color corrected proofs will be sent via an online lightbox within two (2) business days of the session.
- We request that you make your image selections within five (5) business days of receiving the lightbox.
- Final edited images will be delivered with three (3) business days of receipt of final selections.
- Final edited images will be delivered at web resolution via the online light box.
- All images will be archived for at least one year following delivery.
- Payment is accepted via Paypal.
- We require a $50 retainer and signed agreement to commence work.
- The agreement will include a written license granting you exclusive usage in perpetuity of the final selected recipe photos. Usage will be limited to your blog and any social media sites associated with your blog. Other usages may be negotiated for an additional fee.
- Balance of fees is due at the time of image delivery.
- A grocery reimbursement, if applicable, will be billed with the final balance.
- Our fee includes a $25 grocery stipend. Groceries in excess of this stipend will be presented with your final invoice as a reimbursement, including scanned copies of receipts.
- We provide basic, reasonable pantry supplies at no cost. Such items include cooking fat, salt, pepper, common spices, common fresh herbs, and condiments and dry goods measuring less than ½ cup per recipe.
- We will consult with you regarding ingredient sourcing in order to meet the needs of your brand. We offer ingredients from a standard grocery store, our local organic co-op, or locally sourced products via farmer’s markets and farms.
- We request credit at the bottom of the blog post in the following form: “Photos by Our Salty Kitchen” with a hyperlink to our homepage.
- We retain full copyright, including the right to license outtakes (not including final selected images) at our discretion through our syndication partner Stocksy United.