Forget fries! (Yeah. We said it.) Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Potatoes are bold enough for a burger, yet sophisticated enough for a steak. Even better? These perfectly crisp, perfectly seasoned bites absolutely qualify as “super simple,” and are ready in under 30 minutes!
Ask anyone what their favorite flavor combination is and 9 times out of 10, you’re getting chocolate and something. Probably peanut butter. Maybe Mint. Could be caramel or coconut. Or perhaps it’s the peanut butter you enjoy more and prefer it with strawberry or raspberry jam. Or maybe your go-to is apples and cinnamon? Maple and brown sugar? Peaches and cream? (Apparently, Quaker Oats has this game on lock.)
Point being, chances are when you initially think of much-loved pairings, you go sweet. And a lot of savory combos have a sweet component. Lemon and lime is inherently bitter, but we always take it sweet. There’s mango and chili, coconut and curry, salted caramel, and honey barbecue.
Now, there are some absolutely classic savory pairings that deserve a spot in the pantheon of favorites. I’m not talking full meals (burgers and fries, spaghetti and meatballs, etc.). I’m strictly talking flavors – salt and vinegar, tomato and basil, lemon pepper, chili lime.
My personal favorite to take on the most famous “two great tastes that taste great together” in a final flavor bracket matchup is Garlic Parmesan. Find me another combo (salt and pepper doesn’t count) that works on every vegetable, every meat, and goes with practically every grain. (Don’t even think about it, Quaker Oats.)
But you see my point. It’s got everything – salty, sweet (when that garlic caramelizes), umami, and spicy (maybe closer to zesty). Both are super pungent flavors that balance absolutely perfectly. Put ’em on crispy potatoes, and it spells defeat for Reese’s.
How to Make Potatoes in an Air Fryer
Ditch the deep fryer and let your potatoes get some air. You’ll be amazed at how crispy these Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Potatoes get without the grease or roasting for hours. Maybe even more amazed that you can get that crisp in under 20 minutes. Big, bold flavors make them a great partner for simple proteins.
Need a quick visual? View and save this recipe as a web story!
- Clean and cut potatoes. Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Cook potatoes at 400°F for 18 minutes. Shake potatoes in the basket halfway through for even cooking.
- Place cooked potatoes in a serving bowl – drizzled with melted butter and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Tips for Making this Recipe Perfectly
- Scrub, but don’t peel. You definitely want those crispy skins!
- These potatoes are VERY garlicky. If you’re sensitive, reduce the garlic powder by half.
- Dice the potatoes into a uniform size so they cook evenly.
- Dice the potatoes into bite sized pieces so they cook through.
- Remove the basket and shake 1-2 times throughout the cooking process to ensure they cook evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer if necessary (see manufacturer instructions).
Can I Use Different Potatoes?
Yes – any “baby” variety of potato will work best, including red bliss, new potatoes, and purple potatoes.
Storing and Reheating
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat a single serving at 350°F for 2-3 minutes in the air fryer.
More Po-ta-toes for All Occasions
- Red, White, and Blue Ranch Potatoes
- Extra Crispy Rosemary Potatoes
- Classic Italian Potato Salad
- Spicy Potato Tacos
- Crispy Oven Baked Basil Fries
Did you make these garlic parmesan potatoes in your air fryer? I’d love to know how the recipe turned out! Leave a comment and a rating below.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan PotatoesPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 24 oz baby yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter, melted, optional
- chopped parsley, optional
- Combine the potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to the basket of an air fryer. Program to 400°F for 18 minutes. Remove the basket halfway through and gently shake the potatoes or stir with a rubber spatula. If the potatoes aren’t cooked through (test one using the tip of a paring knife), return to the air fryer and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the basket and transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the melted butter (if using) and chopped parsley, then toss to combine. Serve immediately.