Need a last-minute holiday gift for friends and neighbors? Or an addictive sweet and salty snack to have on hand for holiday guests? These Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts are the perfect solution to most holiday dilemmas! They’re a quick, easy, and budget-friendly holiday recipe with endless uses.
There are many, many reasons to make and gift these homemade candied nuts, but I’m going to keep the list to just three:
- They’re EASY. This is a recipe anyone can make with outstanding results. Yes, even you.
- They’ll make your house smell AMAZING. The combination of sugar, cinnamon, and toasted nuts is heavenly. There’s no need to drop $25 on a fancy candle when you can create that sweet, nutty holiday aroma in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- EVERYONE loves them. Kids, adults, neighbors, teachers, friends, family – they’re the perfect little homemade something for everyone on your list.
How to Make Homemade Candied Nuts
Suitable for both the naughty and the nice list, these cinnamon sugar candied nuts are an impressive yet budget-friendly holiday gift. Crunchy, sweet, and salty, they’ll become a crave-worthy recipe every holiday season. They’re quick and easy too! You can make a batch for a dozen friends and family in less than an hour.
- Beat an egg white with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract and beat another minute.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar to the egg white and beat until combined.
- Add raw pecans, almonds, and/or walnuts to the sugar mixture, then toss with a rubber spatula until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Divide the nuts between two parchment-lined baking sheets, spread into an even layer, then dust with sea salt.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking process, until the nuts are dry and golden brown, and the aroma is heavenly.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and cool to room temperature. Taste one to make sure they’re just right (they will be, but hey – a chef’s gotta check her work!).
Store the candied nuts at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. I recommend gifting them sooner though – they have a knack for just disappearing, all on their own! 😂😂😂
More Edible Gift Recipes
- 20+ Easy and Elegant Edible Gifts
- Homemade Sea Salted Caramels
- Gingerbread Spiced Nuts
- Cherry and Pistachio Bark
- Blueberry Vanilla Applesauce
DID YOU MAKE THESE CANDIED NUTS?!? I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW THEY TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A RATING BELOW 👇
WHILE YOU’RE AT IT, LET’S BE FRIENDS – FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR THE LATEST AND GREATEST.
Homemade Candied NutsPrint Recipe Rate This Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c packed brown sugar
- ½ c white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb raw pecan halves
- ½ lb raw whole almonds
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- Heat the oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the egg white into a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla extract and beat until mixed.
- Add the sugars and cinnamon to the egg white and beat until smooth.
- Add the nuts and mix with a rubber spatula until nuts are completely coated.
- Divide the nuts between the baking sheets, then spread into an even layer. Sprinkle each tray with a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Transfer to the oven and roast until nuts are dry and golden brown, stirring once halfway through, about 40 minutes. Remove the oven and set the baking sheets on wire racks until cooled to room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.