These healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls are packed with flavor, plus tons of protein to fuel you through the morning. With scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables, and dairy free basil pesto, you’ll never be bored with breakfast again. Naturally low carb, Whole30, paleo, and dairy free.
Who’s got two thumbs and a healthy breakfast all week? This lady right here. And not because I get up early every morning to make myself a carefully balanced nourishing meal.
Hahahaha. That’s a hot bucket o’ nope right there.
It’s because I’m a big, big fan of meal prepping for breakfast. I’m the textbook definition of “not a morning person”, so the early morning hours are not the time for me to get the job done. If I don’t set aside an hour over the weekend to either partially or fully prep a breakfast plan for the week, I typically power through the morning high on coffee and cheese. Delicious? Sure is. Nutritious? I’ll let you decide.
These breakfast bowls with eggs, roasted vegetables and pesto are on frequent rotation. Packed with protein and colorful vegetables, they’re a balanced, nutritious breakfast and couldn’t be easier to make.
How to Make These Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls
Let’s take all of the work out of a typical veggie scramble but keep all the flavor m’kay? Yes! Meal prep breakfast bowls with scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables, and drizzle of pesto are loaded with protein and tons of flavor. You’ll never be bored with breakfast again.
- First, roast a few sheet pans of colorful vegetables.
- Dice the vegetables into uniform sizes – about a 1″ dice.
- Group the vegetables based on cooking time, and spread them between two sheet pans. For this recipe, I grouped bell peppers and red onions onto one baking sheet (they need 20-25 minutes to roast) and zucchini and tomatoes onto another (they need about 10-12 minutes to roast).
- Drizzle each tray of vegetables with olive or avocado oil, toss to coat, then spread into a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the tray with the peppers and onions into a 425°F oven and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the tray and give the peppers and onions a good stir.
- Return them to the oven, along with the tray of zucchini and tomatoes. Set the timer for an additional 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, check for doneness. The peppers and onions are finished when they’re soft and have begun to caramelize around the edges. The zucchini and tomatoes are finished when the tomatoes start to burst and the zucchini start to brown.
- While the vegetables roast, whip up some pesto. This is a Whole30 dairy free pesto, but if you’re not adhering to any particular dietary restrictions, feel free to use your favorite pesto (homemade or store-bought).
- Place basil, toasted almonds, a crushed garlic clove, and salt into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the almonds are pulverized with the basil.
- Flip the motor to continuous and pour extra virgin olive oil through the feed tube. Process until the pesto is smooth, adding more olive oil if needed to reach your preferred consistency.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt or pepper if needed.
- Compose your plate (if serving immediately) or prepare your meal prep bowls.
- Divide two scrambled eggs per container. Top with one quarter of the roasted vegetables, then drizzle with pesto to taste (I used about two tablespoons per serving).
- I use these glass pyrex snapware containers for all of my meal prep and leftovers. They’re incredibly durable (I have kids, they need to be!), the lids fit snugly, and they don’t get too hot when you microwave them. Fully endorse.
More Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes
- Ground Turkey Hash with Squash and Peppers
- Whole30 Sausage with Apple and Sage
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Eggs
Did you make these Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls? I’d love to know how they turned out! Leave a comment and a rating below.
Meal Prep Breakfast BowlsPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 red onion, diced into 1″ pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1″ pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced into 1″ pieces
- 1 large zucchini, diced into 1″ pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee or avocado oil for Whole30
- 8 eggs
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Whole30 Basil Pesto
- 1 c packed basil leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch cracked black pepper
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil, plus more to preference
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Toss the diced onion and bell pepper with half the olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp cracked black pepper. Spread onto one of the parchment lined baking sheets in a single layer, transfer to the oven, and set a time for 10 minutes.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes and zucchini with the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto the second parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Once the time goes off, remove the baking sheet with the onions and peppers from the oven and stir the vegetables. Return both baking sheets to the oven and roast all of the vegetables an additional 10-12 minutes, checking for doneness at the 10-minute mark. Remove from the oven once the onions and peppers are bite tender and slightly charred, the cherry tomatoes are just starting to burst, and the zucchini starts to brown.
- Make the pesto. Place the almonds into a small skillet over a medium flame. Toast, stirring frequently, until the almonds are lightly browned and fragrant. Combine basil, toasted almonds, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the herbs and nuts are pulverized. Flip the motor to continuous, and pour the olive oil through feed tube until the pesto comes together. Add more olive oil to reach desired consistency.
- Make the scrambled eggs. Crack the eggs into a large bowl, sprinkle with salt, and scramble lightly. Heat a 10" non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add fat of choice and heat until it melts. Add the eggs and gently scramble until cooked through.
- Divide the eggs between four containers. Add of quarter of the roasted vegetables to each container. Drizzle the eggs and vegetables with pesto to taste. Seal the containers and place in the fridge.
- To reheat, loosen the lid and microwave for thirty seconds. Stir the veggies, then microwave an additional 30 seconds. Meal prep breakfast bowls keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.