A little sweet, a little smokey, a little crunchy – Grilled Zucchini Salad with corn and marinated white beans is summer in a bowl. It’s substantial enough for lunch or dinner on its own, but also makes a great side dish for picnics, potlucks and parties.
I’ve been in a bit of a food rut the last few weeks, eating the same thing over and over. Part of it is the weather. I’m not so lame that I’m resorting to talking about the weather on the regular, but if you’ll indulge me for a moment – I am so freaking sick of rain. We’ve had SO MUCH RAIN this summer, and it’s been a major buzzkill.
But last week the clouds parted and the humidity was low enough that I didn’t feel like I was drinking the air, so I went on a mission. A rut breaking mission. And as my 8-year old would say, the results were epic. I danced in my kitchen eating this straight outta the bowl, and you will too!
A little grilled veggie action. A little marinated white bean action. Some handfuls of this and that. And half an hour later I had this grilled zucchini salad. It’s not exactly beautiful – it’s kind of a hot mess if you ask me – but it IS delicious. Taking the W’s wherever I can get ’em!
If you’re a little skeptical of this combo, that’s okay. Cameron was skeptical too. Trust is essential in this relationship, so please jump off this flavor cliff with me. The smokey veggies with the creamy white beans enhanced with tart dressing and bright basil make for a spoonful of explosive flavor in every bite.
For more crave-worthy ways to use up summer produce, click to browse our favorite dinner salad recipes!
How to Make Grilled Zucchini Salad
This zucchini salad is as simple as marinate, toss, and eat. Marinate creamy canned white beans to enhance their flavor. While they steep, grill up fresh corn and tender zucchini, and then tie it all together with a zippy dressing and fresh basil. Naturally gluten free and vegetarian, with simple subs to make it vegan!
For a condensed post, click to view the web story for this zucchini salad recipe.
- Whisk the dressing – extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and honey.
- Toss the white beans with fresh rosemary, pour in the dressing, then toss. Set aside to marinate at room temperature.
- Brush the zucchini and corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat until charred and tender. Flip the zucchini once halfway through, and flip the corn a quarter of a turn every 3-4 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, dice the zucchini and slice the kernels from the cobs.
- Add the vegetables to the marinated white beans, then add the basil and pecans.
- Give the salad a good toss, then serve warm or room temperature with shaved pecorino or parmesan cheese.
- Use canned or scratch cooked white beans. If using canned, rinse well first.
- Always properly heat your grill! If using a gas grill, aim for medium to medium-high heat (350°F – 375°F). If using a charcoal grill, prepare for indirect heat. If you don’t have a grill thermometer, use the hand test.
- The zucchini will cook faster than the corn, so keep an eye on it.
Make It Your Way
- Make it Vegan: use maple syrup or sugar in place of the honey in the dressing. Skip the cheese!
- Make it Ahead: this salad will keep without cheese in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Great for Leftovers: got leftover corn? It’s perfect to use here!
Did you make this zucchini salad? I’d love to know how it turned out! Leave a comment and a rating below.
Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn and White BeansPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 can cannellini beans, or 2 cups cooked from scratch
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- ½ c torn basil leaves
- ¼ c chopped pecans
- 4 tbsp shaved pecorino cheese, or parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- Heat a grill to medium/medium-high heat (350°F – 375°F).
- Rinse the beans until cool running water until the liquid turns clean. Toss well to remove the moisture, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the rosemary and to the beans and toss gently.
- Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and honey. Pour the lemon dressing over the beans and toss to combine. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes while you grill the zucchini and corn.
- Brush the zucchini halves and and corn with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini cut side down on the grill, and place the whole corn cobs directly on the grill. Grill the zucchini 5-6 minutes, or until charred, then flip and grill an additional 5-6 minutes. Grill the corn a total of 15-18 minutes, or until charred on all sides, rotating a quarter of a turn every 4-5 minutes. The zucchini will cook more quickly than the corn, so keep an eye on it and remove it once tender. Remove the zucchini and corn from the grill as they finish and set aside on a plate until cool enough to handle.
- Dice the zucchini, then slice the corn from the cobs. Add the grilled vegetables to the marinated white beans, then add the basil and chopped pecans and toss.
- To serve as an entree, divide the salad between four plates, then garnish with pecorino cheese to taste. Alternatively, serve as a side dish with pecorino cheese on the side. This salad keeps in the fridge without the cheese garnish for up to three days in a tightly sealed container and can be served cold or room temperature.