Tomato Basil Ricotta Toast
Ricotta toast is my go-to summer meal. It's fast, easy, and seriously delicious. Make it a meal with a simple side salad.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 4 slices thick-cut rustic bread such as sourdough
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ c. ricotta cheese divided
- balsamic reduction to taste
- fresh basil chopped, to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- maldon sea salt to taste
Heat a grill pan to medium. Brush each side of the bread with the olive oil. Grill the bread until toasted, 2-3 minutes per side. Set the bread aside.
Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the cherry tomatoes to the olive oil and toss to coat. Cook the tomatoes over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until they are wilted and starting to burst, 5-6 minutes.
Slather each piece of toasted bread with 2 tbsp ricotta and top with one-quarter of the burst tomatoes. Repeat with the remaining three slices. Drizzle each slice with balsamic reduction, then sprinkle with chopped basil, sea salt, and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Variation: Corn Salsa Ricotta Toast
Slice the corn from the cobs and toss with the red onion, oregano, lime juice, and lime zest. Prepare the toast as instructed, and top with the corn salsa.
- 4 slices thick-cut rustic bread, such as sourdough
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 ears leftover grilled corn
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oregano, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ c. ricotta cheese, divided
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Maldon sea salt, to taste
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1000% | Vitamin C: 17.3% | Calcium: 70% | Iron: 0.9%