Italian Antipasto Platter with Anchovy Vinaigrette
A classic Italian antipasto platter is a must-make for our holiday gatherings - the wide range of colors, textures, and flavors are a gorgeous centerpiece, and there's always a little something for everyone in attendance to enjoy. Threading the antipasto onto skewers creates the perfect vehicle for dipping into the intensely flavored and umami-packed anchovy vinaigrette.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 14-oz can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 c marinated green olives about 6 ounces
- 1 c marinated black olives about 6 ounces
- 8 oz bocconcini mozzarella balls
- 4 oz salami sliced
- 4 oz prosciutto sliced in half
- 1/2 c pepperoncini peppers about 4 ounces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- basil leaves
- rosemary sprigs optional
- 4" wood skewers
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets diced
- 2 cloves garlic smashed then minced
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
Thread all ingredients except rosemary sprigs randomly onto 4” skewers.
Arrange the skewers onto a 12” round platter.
Tuck the rosemary sprigs around the skewers for a festive touch (optional).
Make the anchovy vinaigrette. Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Flip the switch to continuous and blend until the anchovies and garlic are pulverized and the dressing is smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed.
Drizzle the skewers with vinaigrette just before serving, then serve the remainder as a dipping sauce.
This is a "choose your own adventure" appetizer, so feel free to swap out or add in ingredients to your liking!
- Additional meat options: soppressata and bresaola
- Additional cheese options: provolone, aged parmesan, pecorino
- Additional vegetable options: gherkin pickles, marinated mushrooms, roasted red peppers, raw cucumbers and carrots