Cranberry Moscow Mule
This cranberry moscow mule is perfectly sweet-and-tart, festively hued, and a must-make seasonal cocktail for all of your holiday gatherings! Craft the mules individually, or create a large batch base so guests can make their own at a self-serve mule station.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Small Sauce Pot
- 1 c fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c honey or 1/2 c sugar
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz cranberry syrup
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz ginger beer
- lime wedge for garnish
- mint sprig for garnish
- fresh cranberries for garnish
Combine the cranberries, water, and honey in a small saucepan and place over medium high heat. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cranberries soften then fall apart.
Pour the syrup through fine mesh strainer, and press on the cranberries with a spatula to release as much syrup as possible. Set aside to cool. If the syrup thickens too much as it cools, add water, a tablespoon at a time, until the consistency resembles honey.
To make one cocktail, Combine the vodka, cranberry syrup, and lime juice in a copper mug. Stir to combine. Fill the mug halfway with crushed ice. Pour the ginger beer over the ice and stir one more. Top with additional crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of mint, lime wedge, and fresh cranberries. Serve immediately. See notes for making a large-batch moscow mule cocktail station.
The cranberry syrup makes enough for four cocktails (about half a cup of syrup).
To create large-batch cranberry moscow mules (serves 8, and scales up easily):
- Double the cranberry syrup (about 1 cup total).
- Combine the 1 cup cranberry syrup with 2 cups vodka and a 1/2 cup of lime juice in a pitcher or decanter. Stir to combine, then chill.
- Set up a beverage station with an ice bucket, shot glass, several bottles of ginger beer, mugs, and small bowls of garnishes. Instruct guests to pour three "shots" of the cranberry mule base into a glass with ice, then top with ginger beer. Stir, garnish, and serve!
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 11.6% | Calcium: 10% | Iron: 0.2%